ScheduleAugust 1, 2019
Vacccination BackgroundAugust 3, 2019
The overall objective of PRODEL’s intervention is to support the Department of Veterinary Services in conducting the activities of the National Plan for the Control and Eradication of ‘’Peste des petits ruminants’’, including the organization of the maiden vaccination campaign across Cameroon.
Minor objectives are specified as follows:
- Drafting the final planning of field operations in a participatory approach as part of an extended session of the PPR Committee;
- Getting teams to go an special assignment in the field in a bid to count and sensitize households with sheep and goats in villages throughout the national territory;
- Carrying out concomitant reference surveys on all priority animal diseases (‘’peste des petits ruminants’’, contagious bovine pleuropneumonia, foot-and-mouth disease);
- Organize the official launching ceremony of the vaccination campaign against ‘’peste des petits ruminants’’ in collaboration with communication departments from PRODEL and MINEPIA (national and regional launching ceremonies);
- Conducting proper vaccination of the national herd of sheep and goats;
- Organizing monitoring and close coordination of the campaign at national, regional and local levels;
- Evaluating the vaccination campaign.