The PDO is to improve the productivity of targeted production systems and the marketing of their products to selected beneficiaries likewise provide an immediate and effective response in the advent of a crisis or of an emergency.
- Productivity of species targeted by direct beneficiaries (cattle, goats and sheep, poultry, pigs);
- Increase in sales in targeted value chains, cumulatively on the entire value chains;
- Number of producers affected by livestock goods or services (including women and youth);
- Number of producers that have adopted improved livestock technologies (including women and youths).
Project Development Objectives, PDO
Improve the productivity of targeted production systems and the marketing of their products for selected beneficiaries and provide an immediate and effective response in the advent of a crisis or of an emergency
Duration and cost of the Project
PRODEL will span six (06) years. The total cost of the Project is estimated at US$ 134.15 million, funded by:
- an IDA credit in the amount of US$100 million;
- contributions from beneficiary farmers, producer organisations and other stakeholders in the value chains to the tune of US$ 01 million;
- Approximately US $76 million for Partner financial institutions (PFIs) (joint funding of sub-projects and business plans);
- councils for an estimated amount of US$13 million (co-funding of pastoral resource management plans); and
- government contribution equivalent to US$8.25 million (mainly corresponding to taxes).