Comité de pilotage du Projet
Decision No. 00490/MINEPIA/CAB of 25 August 2016 of the Minister of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries establishes, organizes and operates the Steering Committee for the Livestock Development Project, PRODEL.
A- Attributions du COPIL
It is placed under the authority of the Minister of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries. COPIL is charged with the general supervision of the implementation of the Project, and provides political and strategic guidelines . In this capacity, it is tasked with :
- guiding the implementation of the Project;
- ensuring the general supervision of the overall performance of the Project;
- approving the Annual Work and Budget Plan, AWBP, and Procurement Plans, PPM, prepared by NPCU;
- taking decisions on the basis of the various documents submitted by the Project, particularly technical financial monitoring reports and the various audits;
- proposing measures that aim at improving the performance of the Project based on the results achieved by the Project,
- monitoring the implementation of corrective measures;
- approving subsequent updates of the PIM, once submitted for acknowledgement by the World Bank;
- prepare and conduct regular consultations with Donors;
- support the NPCU in mobilizing resources necessary for the normal execution of the Project.
B- Composition of COPIL
COPIL is consists of:
- the Minister of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries or his representative
- four (04) representatives of the Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries (MINEPIA);
- a representative of the Ministry of the Economy, Planning and Regional Development, MINEPAT;
- one (01) representative of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, MINADER);
- a representative of the Ministry of Finance, MINFI;
- a representative of the Ministry of Trade, MINCOMMERCE;
- a representative of the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife, MINFOF;
- a representative of the Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation, MINRESI;
- a representative of the Ministry of Women’s Empowerment and the Family, MINPROFF;
- a representative of the Ministry of the Environment, Nature protection and Sustainable Development, MINEPDED;
- a representative of the Ministry of Social Affairs, MINAS;
- a representative of the Ministry of Small and Medium sized Enterprises, Social Economy and handicrafts (MINPMEESA);
- five (05) representatives of interprofessional groups in the targeted sectors (cattle, small ruminants, pigs, poultry, bee-keeping);
- a representative of the Association of Councils and United Cities of Cameroon, ACVUC, in the areas targeted by the Project;
- a representative of the Autonomous Sinking Fund, CAA;
- two (02) representatives of national umbrella producer organisations like (CNOPCAM and PLANOPAC);
- three (03) representatives of the private sector (ANENCAM, APECAM, GICAM,).
The COPIL secretariat is provided by the National Project Coordinator.
The President may invite any natural or legal person to participate in the work of COPIL in an advisory capacity on the basis of his or her expertise or experience on the issues to be discussed.
Representatives of development partners involved in the Project may participate in COPIL working sessions as observers with an advisory role. COPIL may, as judged necessary, creat thematic sub-committees within the organ to address technical and specific issues.
C- COPIL Sessions
COPIL shall meet as necessary and at least twice (02) a year as convened by the President. The first session is reserved for assessment and annual programming of activities and the second session is a mid-term evaluation of the PTBA in order to make the necessary adjustments in due time.
Invitations for meetings, and the documents to be examined, shall be sent to members at least seven (07) days before the date of the meeting. They must indicate the date, place, time and agenda of the meeting. In urgent cases, this period may be reduced to three (03) days.
Extraordinary meetings will deal with emergencies as indicated in the agenda of the invite.
If more than half of the members are present the meeting can proceed. All meetings are chaired by the President or his representative. Working documents are prepared and presented at COPIL meetings by the National Project Coordinator.
Decisions of COPIL are taken by a majority of the members present. COPIL makes recommendations to MINEPIA and IDA. Based on the conclusions and recommendations of COPIL, NPCU prepares the final documents within 15 days after the previous meeting.#They are then handed to all the actors involved.
The services of COPIL members are free . However, COPIL members may receive sessional allowances, the amount of which shall be determined by the Minister of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries at the rates of the existing regulations. All these payments are made from government counterpart funds.
D- Specific duties of COPIL’s sectoral members
|MINEPIA||ensures the implementation of the Project|
|MINCOMMERCE||facilitates negotiations with economic operators on issues related to the marketing of livestock products (prices, etc.)|
|MINEPDED||facilitates the integration of environmental aspects into the implementation of Project’s activities|
|MINRESI (IRAD)||facilitates the dissemination of innovative and competitive technologies|
|CNPS||ensures the payment of social security contributions for Project staff|
|MINAS||facilitates the consideration of social aspects in the implementation of the Project’s activities (CPPA)|
|ANENCAM||facilitates collaboration with microfinance institutions|
|APECAM||facilitates collaboration with commercial banks|
|GICAM||shares experiences in entrepreneurship, business contracts|
|CAA||facilitates the disbursement and replenishing of the dedicated account|
|CAPEF||participates in the Regional Sub-Project Screening Committees of POs|